Five Things You Should Know About Silver Compassion
Who do you want to spend the latter years of your life with?
Where do you want to live when you're older?
Have you had a conversation with your family or a minister about your wishes and plans for the latter years of your life?
This year Forest Hills is partnering with Silver Compassion, a ministry designed to help people navigate the complex world of aging.
Whether you have aging parents or are interested in developing a life plan for the latter years of your own life, Silver Compassion can help.
Here are 5 things you need to know about Silver Compassion.
- Silver Compassion is for adults of all ages. You are never too young or too old to create a life plan. Whether you are 29 or 79, Silver Compassion can help you develop a life plan and navigate what's in front of you.
- Silver Compassion is more about transformation than information. Information about retirement, aging, etc. is all over the internet. Silver Compassion is about transforming our attitudes and hearts so that we take action and make decisions for ourselves, our children or our aging loved ones by developing a Silver Compassion Life Plan.
- The ministry of Silver Compassion is rooted in God's love and grounded in Scripture.
- Silver Compassion is about community. One of the goals of Silver Compassion is to help our church family form small groups for those who desire to develop their own Silver Compassion Life Plan and also for caregivers of aging loved ones.
- You can learn more about Silver Compassion at www.silvercompassion.com.
Forest Hills will offer Thrive in the Second Half on Saturday, May 30. This one-day seminar will equip you to develop a Life Plan and give you the tools you need to navigate the complexities and challenges of aging for yourself or your loved ones.
The cost of the seminar is $20.
I want to encourage you to attend and bring your spouse or other family members.
You can meet George and learn more about Silver Compassion this Sunday from 5-6:30 in room E-260.
- Neil Westbrook